What do Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers do?
Repair and adjust cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
- Calibrate and verify accuracy of light meters, shutter diaphragm operation, or lens carriers, using timing instruments.
- Disassemble equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate cameras and polish camera lenses, using cleaning materials and work aids.
- Measure parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed or light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments.
- Test equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, or film transport, using precision gauges.
- Examine cameras, equipment, processed film, or laboratory reports to diagnose malfunction, using work aids and specifications.
- Requisition parts or materials.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, or specifications to determine needed repairs, fabrication method, and operation sequence.
- Fabricate or modify defective electronic, electrical, or mechanical components, using bench lathe, milling machine, shaper, grinder, or precision hand tools, according to specifications.
- Assemble aircraft cameras, still or motion picture cameras, photographic equipment, or frames, using diagrams, blueprints, bench machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Install film in aircraft camera and electrical assemblies and wiring in camera housing, following blueprints and using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Record test data and document fabrication techniques on reports.
- Lay out reference points and dimensions on parts or metal stock to be machined, using precision measuring instruments.
- Recommend design changes or upgrades of microfilming, film-developing, or photographic equipment.
Related Jobs (Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers)